09 December 2007

One more day....

One more day, which is TUESDAY, and I will be finished with the overwhelmingly satisfying signed language interpreting program at our lovely University of New Mexico! Tuesday is my last final of, well almost of, my last semester in college. I have to partake in one more annoyingly liberating class this coming spring and I will then have my Bachelor of SCIENCE degree! I know, I am so accomplished!



And then??

My plan is to use the money I will hopefully make interpreting to pay for my flight lessons...which I have been patiently waiting to start...and finally be able to leave the earth behind, until I run out of fuel. I am so excited and can't wait to be broke for the rest of my life, but it doesn't even matter. I want to fly. It intrigues me. It excites me. It has captivated me.

And yes, I will use my very expensive degree even though I want to fly. Interpreting is awesome and I really enjoy the communication. I am currently applying to many different agencies that employes interpreters and am keeping my fingers crossed to get them.

It's almost Christmas and my sister, who I haven't seen in TWO YEARS is coming out with her soon-to-be family in laws, as it were. It should be fun as long as we don't find something to argue about...and to let you in on a little secret: sometimes I argue with her because she is so funny when she's mad!!!

Jimmy, the little bro, will be back on Christmas day. We've been instructed to not open presents until he gets home so the agony of waiting will have to be postponed for a few extra hours! James has been in Germany...drinking far to much beer!!! And I'm excited for him to come home too. I drive around this crazy town of Albuquerque, looking for something to do, and all I WANT to do is call Jimmy and play KGB.

All in all, things are going well right now. I had the best semester of my school career...9 semesters later...got mostly A's and a couple of B's. The best I've done thus far. School tends to get in the way of my other activities as my old school principle used to say! SO, I'm will be pursuing my dreams of flying in the sky and living everyday like it's my last.

WHICH IS WHY I went skydiving a few weeks ago! yup....the best time ever! There is nothing more liberating and thrilling, so far, than the anticipation that I felt when I woke up that morning. I had to go to work and was so nervous I couldn't eat all day! When we got to the drop zone, it really hit me and once I was all suited up in my pink and blue jump-suit...it is fashionable...The 20 minute ride up to 10,000 feet wasn't so bad but the moment they opened the door and I heard the howling of 90 knot winds, I got a little nervous! I climbed out on the wing of this little cessna 182 and looked down to the earth...10,000 feet below. As scary as it sounds, it was so easy to let go and fly through the crisp Albuquerque air. I free fell, with two instructors holding me on each side, for about 5,000 feet...which took what seemed like 5 seconds. Once I PULLED my chute, the instructors let go of me and I actually flew myself to the ground. The 8 minutes that it took me to sail through the silent skies was the most fun I have ever had in my life. There is nothing like it. Do it.

I'm an adrenaline junkie, it scares my parents, but it's so much fun!!

No comments: